__________________________________________________________

About

Portfolio

My Home

Work With Me

Tours

Interviews

Creative Spaces

Style

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Light shade cluster

The Christmas decorations have finally been taken down. It took me a long while to get around to it. There wasn't much to begin with and the decorations weren't all that "Christmas-y" so I didn't mind keeping them up. Over the weekend I replaced the decorations with flowers.

It is simple to do and you'll need:

- Five wire light shades. I bought mine from here.
- Ten artificial flowers. I bought mind from IKEA.
- Fishing wire
- Hook

1. Tie approximately 60 - 80 centimetres of fishing wire to the top of each shade

2. Arrange the shades at uneven heights and tie the fishing wire together, checking to see you have left enough string in order to create your desired drop from the ceiling

3. Cut any left over string once your cluster has been tied together and hook to the ceiling (I already had the hook in the ceiling from Christmas 2010 but you can find hooks in any hardware store)

4. The flowers had long wire stems so the ends were curled to give them little pig tails and then threaded into only a few of the shades leaving the others empty

I know some people baulk at the idea of having fake flowers in their home. I'm certainly not passing these off as real and definitely prefer having real flowers in a vase in my home over artificial ones but I don't mind using them here for the short term. I have a longer term plan for these light shades anyway.


CREATIVE SPACES

DECORATING

DESIGN

INTERVIEWS

STYLE

TOURS

WRITE TO
PO BOX 42220
LUGARNO NSW
AUSTRALIA 2210

viv@ishandchi.com


VIA EMAIL