__________________________________________________________

About

Portfolio

My Home

Work With Me

Tours

Interviews

Creative Spaces

Style

Friday, October 14, 2011

Stevie English Hair


I have taken my love of colour to a new level - my hair. The pink hair trend isn't a new one but it has taken me a while to find the courage. I have spent a good part of about 8 years growing out all shades of blonde but you only live once, right?

So pink it was and when I mentioned to friends what I was thinking, the name Stevie English was recommended to me by many. It's as though colour + hair = stevie.

So I contacted owner Stevie Corthine via twitter, promised to send a photo of what I was after and the ball was set in motion.



The salon is striking with dark floors and chairs, red storage cabinets and graphic wallpaper. Stevie explained the salon was designed by a friend with sustainability in mind to create minimal environmental impact. Energy efficient hot water and 4/5 star water saving devices are used, recycled materials and low wattage fluorescent lighting together with natural light. The fit out took approximate 4.5 months to complete before the salon was opened in November 2007.


I arrived with Robbie and was unsure if I had made the right decision to bring him with me. After all toddlers can't sit still for longer than a few minutes let alone hours. Stevie's team were wonderful though! They entertained him, kept him occupied with movies on an iPad and made it all feel so easy.


Stevie wanted the salon to have a unique and trendy vibe. I love the mix of prints in the salon from the heart shaped fabrics to the various wallpapers paired with dark stained wood. The salon feels raw and edgy and glamorous at the same time.




The basin area is dark and moody which highlights the salon's colour work hanging on the walls. O&M hair products are used which are ammonia-free and gentle on the hair and environment. AND they smell like candy.




Overall I felt relaxed, comfortable and I had fun. I'm already thinking about my next colour. Blue tips, perhaps? What do you think? Have you ever gone pink?


To the team at Stevie English - thank you.

Stevie English Hair
153 Glebe Point Road, Glebe 2037
(02) 9423 7033


CREATIVE SPACES

DECORATING

DESIGN

INTERVIEWS

STYLE

TOURS

WRITE TO
PO BOX 42220
LUGARNO NSW
AUSTRALIA 2210

viv@ishandchi.com


VIA EMAIL