__________________________________________________________

About

Portfolio

My Home

Work With Me

Tours

Interviews

Creative Spaces

Style

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

School project


Who would have thought I would be spending my Sunday night gluing hundreds of pencils in rows all lined up like soldiers to make a rug?

That's exactly what happened. What a fascinating life I have, ha! I do like the result so far although it isn't finished.

This school project is to design a rug, a blind and to do up some old furniture to create a 'room'. We are working on a school theme. We have an old school desk that is about to get a new veneer top, a lamp which you can see above wrapped in pencils, a stool which has undergone a makeover and our pencil rug. We plan on injecting different colours to the room so it won't all be yellow and I'll show you the finished project once it is complete.

Working on the 'rug' got me thinking that if I made a very large one, using different coloured pencils that it would make an interesting headboard for a kid's bed...


CREATIVE SPACES

DECORATING

DESIGN

INTERVIEWS

STYLE

TOURS

WRITE TO
PO BOX 42220
LUGARNO NSW
AUSTRALIA 2210

viv@ishandchi.com


VIA EMAIL