__________________________________________________________

About

Portfolio

My Home

Work With Me

Tours

Interviews

Creative Spaces

Style

Monday, August 2, 2010

Covering a lamp shade


I visited Signature Prints again over the weekend. The store now has a large wall-mounted rack with all the different wallpaper rolls hanging from it. So lovely to see the entire wallpaper collection in this way.

This is the best photo I could take of the shimmery gold outline of the wallpaper I mentioned last week

I picked up a large off cut of fabric some of which I used to cover this old lamp originally in my son's room and some of which I will use for another project. I followed this tutorial by olive & joy but I cheated and covered straight over the original shade instead of starting with a new base.

It is really quick and simple to do and a nice way of updating old lamps I think.

How was your weekend? Did you work on any projects around the home?


CREATIVE SPACES

DECORATING

DESIGN

INTERVIEWS

STYLE

TOURS

WRITE TO
PO BOX 42220
LUGARNO NSW
AUSTRALIA 2210

viv@ishandchi.com


VIA EMAIL