__________________________________________________________

About

Portfolio

My Home

Work With Me

Tours

Interviews

Creative Spaces

Style

Thursday, July 8, 2010

David Bromley


David Bromley. He has become one of Australia's most collectible artists.

In his Female Nude series he has painted Megan Gale, Cheyenne Tozzi, Kristy Hinze, Collette Dinnigan to name a few. He's even painted Lily Allen for the subscriber's cover of May '10 Bazaar magazine (does anyone have this copy and no longer want it? I would happily buy it from you!). His work is easily recognisable and he captures the beauty of the female form with bold brushstrokes and metallic leaf/paint.

I was floored the other day when walking past a home with the lights on, curtains open and there, standing centre of attention was a large red Bromley nude hanging on the wall. I promise I don't usually make a habit of looking inside people's homes but I couldn't not look. It was amazing.



His other work is the Boys Own series where he paints childhood images full of innocence. Images of children flying kits, playing pirates or reading stories. I would very much like to buy one for my son's room. One day I hope.

PS: If you would like to read an interview with David, visit Daily Imprint.

(Images David Bromley)


CREATIVE SPACES

DECORATING

DESIGN

INTERVIEWS

STYLE

TOURS

WRITE TO
PO BOX 42220
LUGARNO NSW
AUSTRALIA 2210

viv@ishandchi.com


VIA EMAIL