__________________________________________________________

About

Portfolio

My Home

Work With Me

Tours

Interviews

Creative Spaces

Style

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Art for the living room

Decorating can be a slow process. Waiting and searching for that perfect something and then when it is found there is a choice to be made between sizes, colours, patterns, textures. It doesn't help my indecisiveness.


I came across Sharon Montrose's work a while ago and you have probably heard of her too. Her work is much loved and it is easy to see why - a cheeky raccoon lying on its back or a basset hound with puppy dog eyes, how could anyone resist? I couldn't decide between her small Etsy prints and then I found she sold larger limited edition prints and my choices expanded. Uh oh.

I whittled down the selection to two and left the final decision up to my husband. He picked the beautiful macaw print in 17" x 22" size. The other option was the more feminine and cute baby deer but I do really like the strength of the macaw wings and the colours - oh the colours are fantastic.

The plan is to hang it in the living room. For the money spent we could have bought quite a few of her smaller prints but I think the detail of the wings will look amazing in a larger scale.

(Images Sharon Montrose)


CREATIVE SPACES

DECORATING

DESIGN

INTERVIEWS

STYLE

TOURS

WRITE TO
PO BOX 42220
LUGARNO NSW
AUSTRALIA 2210

viv@ishandchi.com


VIA EMAIL