__________________________________________________________

About

Portfolio

My Home

Work With Me

Tours

Interviews

Creative Spaces

Style

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Alannah Hill's home

"I do hate the art scene - there is a lot of snobbery. If the colours are right and the scene is calming, I will buy it"


"The dining room also features Empire-style chairs which Hill had painted in silver and upholstered in a dramatic Kenzo floral fabric, as well as a 20th-century chandelier she bought in New York, a gilt mirror and a newly added decorative fire surround."




"One of my favourite sayings about gardens goes something like this: 'By the time one is 80, there is no longer a tug of war in the garden with the May (spring) flowers howling like mad against the claims of the other months. All, at last, is in balance and all is serene. The gardener is usually dead, of course!' "


Yesterday I visited Alannah Hill's outlet store. I forgot just how much I LOVED dressing up. The store reminds me of when I was a little girl, trying on my mum's dresses, shoes and handbags and twirling and spinning in pretty skirts. I was all giggly inside trying things on in the store. Lucky my son is too young to be embarrassed by his mum.

I did make a purchase *tsk tsk* so stay tuned for an Alannah Hill Fashion Friday post. We haven't had a Fashion Friday post in a while.

Meanwhile, I'll leave you with the above photos of Alannah Hill's latest home renovation as seen in The Age (Melbourne) magazine. Have these done the blog rounds already? Forgive me if they have.

Also, has anyone come across photos of Alannah Hill's old home? I can't find the link to the editorial on her website anymore. I'd appreciate the help in tracking it down. I remember admiring it a while back.

Photography The Age (Melbourne) Magazine via Alannah Hill website


CREATIVE SPACES

DECORATING

DESIGN

INTERVIEWS

STYLE

TOURS

WRITE TO
PO BOX 42220
LUGARNO NSW
AUSTRALIA 2210

viv@ishandchi.com


VIA EMAIL