__________________________________________________________

About

Portfolio

My Home

Work With Me

Tours

Interviews

Creative Spaces

Style

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I am an arteest, darling!

Okay maybe not but I'm giving it a go?

Bit of background - my copy of Domino The Book of Decorating came and I was literally drooling over the pages. Beautiful book and very inspiring. Some of the photos I had already seen on the Domino website but since I haven't yet managed to get my hands on the magazine here in Australia there were a lot of new images I hadn't seen before.

The book has inspired me to add some colour to my home by trying my hand at painting - not walls, a canvas. And the inspiration is Page 162 of the book.

Image from Domino - The Book of Decorating

I know what you might be thinking, all those beautiful images and I drew inspiration from an image separating a chapter? But look how gorgeous the design is! It is a fabric design by Bob Collins called "Lotus Dynasty".

So here is the painting in progress.


Bet there aren't too many artists out there that trace the design before painting!

I figured if it fails miserably I can always try to get my hands on the fabric and stretch it over the canvas. Does anyone know how I can get hold of the fabric here in Australia? I've searched online with no luck.

Okay, I'm going to get back to it before the paint I've mixed up dries. And Robbie is bound to wake up soon...


CREATIVE SPACES

DECORATING

DESIGN

INTERVIEWS

STYLE

TOURS

WRITE TO
PO BOX 42220
LUGARNO NSW
AUSTRALIA 2210

viv@ishandchi.com


VIA EMAIL