__________________________________________________________

About

Portfolio

My Home

Work With Me

Tours

Interviews

Creative Spaces

Style

Monday, October 13, 2008

Before & After: Chair painted

Before photo

I was asked to post progress shots of the chair being painted and here they are. It was so incredibly simple to do.

1. Tools of the trade
- Wet sponge to soak up any spills
- Fine sandpaper
- Dulux white primer
- White Knight white gloss paint
- Flat angled paint brush

2. Sand the varnish back lightly
I'm sure I didn't get all the varnish off because there is so much detail on the frame but I did the best I could! I cleaned off the dust afterwards using the wet sponge.

3. Mask the fabric

I was really careful to cover up the fabric as best as possible. Very little paint ended up on the fabric and you can barely notice it so I'm happy!

4. One coat of primer

This took me 2 hours to do because of all the detail in the woodwork. I was also careful to get into all holes and detail to cover as much as possible. I left the primer to dry overnight.

5. Two coats of glossy white paint
I used the flat angled brush again getting into all the detail and used long brush strokes so it is as neat as possible.

The first coat took me a bit over an hour. It was hard getting down low with my pregnant belly in the way. The second coat took me half and hour because my sister helped me. I waited for the paint to dry overnight between coats.

6. Peel off the tape and VOILA! All done.

See? Told you it was easy.


After photo
I'd love to see other people's projects!


CREATIVE SPACES

DECORATING

DESIGN

INTERVIEWS

STYLE

TOURS

WRITE TO
PO BOX 42220
LUGARNO NSW
AUSTRALIA 2210

viv@ishandchi.com


VIA EMAIL